Saturday 17 October 2009

Shorthand? I vaguely remember that word...

I have had my copy of Teeline for Journalists by Dawn Johnston since the first year of University and all I got round to doing is learning the alphabet, which is lame, so I am going to make a conscious effort this year to make time to fit in some shorthand practice.
I actually do remember thealphabet despite learning it over a year ago but it is definitely something that needs some hardcore dedication and is not just a 'do for 10 minutes once a month job'.
I have not been through the whole book but it is set out really well and it came with a cd that tests what you have learnt as you go along. I liked this aspect as it adds a little pressure as there is a time limit, this definitely made me concentrate more, rather than just testing myself and having all the time in the world.
I will blog about my progress...when there is any.

No comments:

Post a Comment